About Me

Hi! Welcome to Restart. I'm Brenda and I live in The South. I'm just a lady that loves her family and sharing my life.That life has made a major change after 29 years of being wife and Nana. Now I live for me. I have dreams that I had let die and today I must live them. God has blessed me with a second chance at life and I desire to live it to the fullest.I am into eating healthy,exercise,running,hiking and bike riding. If it means staying in shape and feeling good I am all for it ....other things I enjoy or cooking, decorating,thrifting,travel and walking where history took place.

Followers

Thursday, April 18, 2013

If we are what we eat..what are you?

  1.                      If we are what we eat...this is ME

Fresh Tilapia,Quinoa,Broccoli with fresh salad
Healthy Pizza made with Joseph's bread,grilled onion,pepper and mushrooms
Fresh yard egg and spinach omelet with cottage cheese ,yogurt and strawberries

                                      I used to be this...

If you are what you eat what are you?

I just love this saying...I never really gave it much thought until I was faced years of weight gain and sickness.
I was raised in the "GOOD OLE SOUTH" and we do have some yummy food.and  I was also raised by one of the most amazing mom and cooks around. There was never a meal around our home that wasn't fresh and home cooked. Was it all healthy? Im sure it wasn't because my mom loved SUGAR and BUTTER and she taught me well.
 I truly don't think back in the day when we raised our meat and vegetables it was as bad as it is today.
Like the message above we have become a country that lives life in the fast lane and so we eat FAST food that is killing us. We go for the cheap food that is just that CHEAP and has no goodness in it. We are always looking for EASY so we get boxed food that you add water and it swells into food.The thing is all this food is FAKE. We are eating food that the government has allowed to be filled with chemicals, preservatives,fillers and more.
So I know some of you are asking what happened to change me?? First I will say off and on in my life I always desired the healthy way. There was a time that I ordered from the Coop and cooked that way,but without the support of others in the house it can be hard. When I woke up a single lady all alone except for the dog and cat (and they can't tell me what to do ) I decided I can cook and buy things I desire. Along about this time I started to get closer to God also and in my reading it all came together. What did God make for use to eat? If he made it then it was good.When did we start to see such an increase in sickness and early death? The answer came..When MAN started to mess with what God made.
Little by little I started to go back to the pure foods.Trying to keep things as fresh as I can. I still have along way to go and alot to learn,but today I am so much closer than I was. How has it helped? I feel SO much better,I am no where as sick as I was,I have more energy.I promise when you stop eating some of these things and one day decide to get a Big Mac and it makes you sick as a dog ...your body is talking to you.
 All we need to do is listen.I

No comments:

Post a Comment