About Me

Hi! Welcome to Restart. I'm Brenda and I live in The South. I'm just a lady that loves her family and sharing my life.That life has made a major change after 29 years of being wife and Nana. Now I live for me. I have dreams that I had let die and today I must live them. God has blessed me with a second chance at life and I desire to live it to the fullest.I am into eating healthy,exercise,running,hiking and bike riding. If it means staying in shape and feeling good I am all for it ....other things I enjoy or cooking, decorating,thrifting,travel and walking where history took place.

Followers

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

A House Is Built One Brick At A Time

"A House Is Built One Brick At A Time"
Often, the goals we set for ourselves are daunting
How many times have we heard this said or used to teach? " 
One Brick At A Time"
 Today when I was headed home from the gym I opened my phone and I see this quote used and it started me to thinking. We can use this in many areas of our life,but for me it was about health and fitness.
I met with a trainer today just to go over some problem areas and talk. I so enjoyed it and it amazes me how anothers input can help us. I have been working out and eating good for most of three years and it has been a journey. As I sat and talked with the trainer he was happy with my determination and where I have come from and the things I have over come. See in my eyes I sat down with problems and looking at how far I have to go, but he on the other hand saw it the other way. After our talk I spent some time with him showing me what I needed for the areas and It went great. After reading that quote on the way home I was better able to understand. 
Take a look at a brick home and what is one of the first thinks we notice that makes it strong? The foundation right? Look at the time and effort that goes into making that foundation solid.You also have to make sure to use great products like metal rods and concrete.If it isn't poured right or the weather is wrong for the day it is poured more than likely you will end up with cracks.What do cracks cause...a bad structure and in the end damage causing the life of the home to be altered.
Our life is the same way..what goals have we set and what have we done to see that the foundation is solid? I started to see I have worked hard in preparing the foundation and with each step I have taken.Then with each task I concord and over came  I was adding bricks one at a time. This is when I started to see yes I may have some skin to tighten,some muscle to build and so on,but I have to see each thing as one brick at a time.
 No my house isn't complete and there is always room for upgrades, but as long as we are building it will come to completion.

The finished product is beautiful and well put together,
but it was built "One Brick At A Time"

No comments:

Post a Comment