About Me

Hi! Welcome to Restart. I'm Brenda and I live in The South. I'm just a lady that loves her family and sharing my life.That life has made a major change after 29 years of being wife and Nana. Now I live for me. I have dreams that I had let die and today I must live them. God has blessed me with a second chance at life and I desire to live it to the fullest.I am into eating healthy,exercise,running,hiking and bike riding. If it means staying in shape and feeling good I am all for it ....other things I enjoy or cooking, decorating,thrifting,travel and walking where history took place.

Followers

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Life after divorce...

This month makes four years since the break up of my marriage. If you would have told me life would get better I would have told you that you are crazy.I am very happy to admit today that it is true. With each day and step I have taken I have learned a lesson and things have changed.
To learn a lesson there has to be test and I assure you I have had my share. Many of these test I didn't pass and had to retake.However this has got me where I am today and I am happy to say I think a much better person.I also feel these test have prepared me for the next steps in my life.
There is very few days that pass by when someone doesn't ask me "Will I ever remarry" my answer is yes for sure when that special man comes around. I know many say there is no way they would ever remarry.  I just don't feel that way.I believe that when God made Adam he said it is not good that man should be alone and he made Eve.I have known from a small child what I desired in my life. That desire was to grow old with someone I couldn't be without...someone that I could laugh and cry with...someone that when they walked away I felt part of me was missing. Another question ask is do you think you can love someone like you did your first? I don't feel any love is the same and im sure it will be different,but yes I do think I can have that love again. One of the lines I use so many times comes from a country song by Hunter Hayes....
          But I don't want good
And I don't want good enough
I want can't sleep can't breath without your love
Front porch and one more kiss
It Doesn't make sense to anybody else
Who cares if your all I think about
I've searched the world and I know now
It ain't bad if you ain't lost your mind
Yeah I don't want easy
I want crazy
Are you with me baby
Lets be crazy
How many times have you just been walking around and spotted an elderly couple holding hands that just glowed? I know for me I am a people watcher and I have noticed many.Often times when I see them I start to think about all the years they shared and question why didn't I get that. One day it hit me that not all of these couples could be High school sweeties. Some have married after loosing their spouse to death and Im sure some divorce. God is no respecter of persons and if he designed it we can have it.
I don't know where you stand in your life today,but I want to assure you there is hope. Take each day and each lesson that comes and learn from it. Take the good and bury the bad....because there is "Life after divorce"

No comments:

Post a Comment