About Me

Hi! Welcome to Restart. I'm Brenda and I live in The South. I'm just a lady that loves her family and sharing my life.That life has made a major change after 29 years of being wife and Nana. Now I live for me. I have dreams that I had let die and today I must live them. God has blessed me with a second chance at life and I desire to live it to the fullest.I am into eating healthy,exercise,running,hiking and bike riding. If it means staying in shape and feeling good I am all for it ....other things I enjoy or cooking, decorating,thrifting,travel and walking where history took place.

Followers

Monday, March 17, 2014

God wants to use you

I just love days like today when God shows up and uses his people. From a complete stranger to a phone call from a friend he had a message for me and made sure I heard it.
I know there are many people that think God could never use them...their not good enough...they sin...they are not real smart...they had a bad childhood...they have a drink now and then...they are home bound. I am here to tell you that is when he can use you. All it takes for God to use you is being a willing vessel and allowing him to .
If you take a look back in the Bible you will see the people he picked.. It is your common everyday person that just says use me I am yours.
Something else that really blesses me about how God works is how simple he is. You don't have to be standing in a big fancy church or dressed to the nines. He knows your heart and meets you where you are.
Now before I start to get stoned let me say I do think it is important to meet together with other believers...to study and eat of Gods word so as to stay strong and filled with him, BUT if that never happened he loves and desires to use you just as much as the person who attended years of Bible college.
I think many times that we as Christians get so busy trying to be and live perfect and running the church that we get to busy to hear that voice telling us what he needs us to do.We also rise above the exact people that God would have us reach out to.
Have you ever been going down the road and saw someone on the side of the road and stopped to help? Have you ever gave food to the hungry? Have you ever done yard work for a widow?  Have you ever loved the unlovable? Have you stayed up all night holding someone as they were coming off drugs? God was using you because you were willing .
I stand back and look now at my life and when things got so hard it wasn't the church that reached out to me,but the man at Salvation Army that was down on his luck, the lady at the market that shared her food,the stranger that mowed my yard,the common family that helped pay my bills.Sometimes we don't see that it is the small things that really touch others. GOD WANTS TO USE YOU



No comments:

Post a Comment