About Me

Hi! Welcome to Restart. I'm Brenda and I live in The South. I'm just a lady that loves her family and sharing my life.That life has made a major change after 29 years of being wife and Nana. Now I live for me. I have dreams that I had let die and today I must live them. God has blessed me with a second chance at life and I desire to live it to the fullest.I am into eating healthy,exercise,running,hiking and bike riding. If it means staying in shape and feeling good I am all for it ....other things I enjoy or cooking, decorating,thrifting,travel and walking where history took place.

Followers

Friday, February 14, 2014

Looking for real LOVE...

Do you ever set around and think about what real love would be like? With Valentines Day coming tomorrow I have been setting around tonight listening to music.... yep those good old LOVE songs. Since being single for close to four years I have had lots of time to ponder on what real LOVE would be like. The kind of LOVE that last forever..that never gives up. I think that is something that is hard to find this day in time. We live in such a world that is so fast paced,selfish and wants it know. It seems that there is no desire to work or fight for anything. We want something for nothing.
In my four years of dating off and on I have discovered many things that I don't want. Maybe I have my sights set high,but that's okay. I want real and everlasting LOVE the kind that Jesus talks about.
That brings me to what has really been on my mind. I ask so many people.. what is love? I have gotten many answers...A person you can't live without...the person that makes you warm all inside...the person that will always be there for you. I think we all desire those things,but I believe with all my heart that the only real LOVE is Christ love. A love of great sacrifice and pain.I don't think the greatest picture of LOVE was a warm fuzzy feeling at all. The LOVE that Jesus had on the cross was painful. He loved us so much that he was willing to give and sacrifice his life for us.I can say for sure I haven't met anyone that was willing to work hard on a relationship must less lay down his life.
I believe something else we can base what real LOVE is about is in 1 Corinthians 13. This scripture tells us just what LOVE is.

 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

I know this is a hard scale to measure by,but if I lined most of my past dates up and ask these questions that would explain why im sitting here tonight alone. I do think it is possible to have this kind of LOVE
and that is what im looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment