About Me

Hi! Welcome to Restart. I'm Brenda and I live in The South. I'm just a lady that loves her family and sharing my life.That life has made a major change after 29 years of being wife and Nana. Now I live for me. I have dreams that I had let die and today I must live them. God has blessed me with a second chance at life and I desire to live it to the fullest.I am into eating healthy,exercise,running,hiking and bike riding. If it means staying in shape and feeling good I am all for it ....other things I enjoy or cooking, decorating,thrifting,travel and walking where history took place.

Followers

Monday, March 24, 2014

The hurt puppy

I just love how the Lord speaks to me..I have had many ask how I know it is him. I find that question hard to answer,but the word assures us that his children hear his voice. You can't touch air,but you breath it and it gives you life. The Lord is the same way. Not only does he give life,but he speaks and guides us. Sometime with his word and sometimes using the gifts of his body. I always loved how Jesus spoke using parables. This morning when I was spending time with him this parable started to open up to me. Id like to share this and hope someone gets from it as much as I.

The hurt puppy...... If you can vision and sweet,playful puppy running free, but one day he is picked to be taken by a owner. It is at this moment that he starts to grow and one day become a dog. Being the beautiful sweet puppy that he is his surroundings with this owner will be what forms him. Oh he will always be the playful puppy,but changes occur. Each day he looks for his owner to feed and love him to pet him and give him some security,but this owner doesn't give that. This owner is cruel and harsh and day after day he gets lashings and caged up. All this puppy wants to do is give all the love he has,but doesn't get it back so he withdraws...he stops playing and feeling free. One day this dog is found by the authority and removed from this home where he isn't loved and cared for.As he sits in the cage and people pass him the desire to be loved and petted never went away,but he can remember how the other owner treated him. One day this person passes the cage,but turns around because it sees something special in this dog. No matter how many other dogs the person looks at for some reason it is drawn back to this cage.It is at this moment she decides this is the dog I must have. I see something in this pup that the others don't have.As she takes this dog home she is excited to share and love him,but the pup still has the mind set of being hurt.For some reason no matter the love and petting it receives from the new owner the first stage of growing up comes out. It is only with time and the new owner assuring this pup that im not mean,im not out to hurt you,but see something in you that made me have to bring you home that one day allows the pup to rest and start to remember the feeling of love and now abuse.

We just like this puppy are formed by the things that occur in our life. Sometimes the damage from others cause us to feel unloved or even unable to love.Love is something special that was designed and placed in us. If God designed it he can heal the scares. He can heal the pain.,but like the second owner of the puppy when dealing with others that have been in this situation we may have to go the extra mile,pet and love a little harder to show that person that what happened in your life doesn't have to repeat.
We are lovable and someone out there is willing to go the extra mile for you.....

No comments:

Post a Comment