About Me

Hi! Welcome to Restart. I'm Brenda and I live in The South. I'm just a lady that loves her family and sharing my life.That life has made a major change after 29 years of being wife and Nana. Now I live for me. I have dreams that I had let die and today I must live them. God has blessed me with a second chance at life and I desire to live it to the fullest.I am into eating healthy,exercise,running,hiking and bike riding. If it means staying in shape and feeling good I am all for it ....other things I enjoy or cooking, decorating,thrifting,travel and walking where history took place.

Followers

Friday, May 3, 2013

Memories and Pancakes

What more could a mom ask for than making special memories with her daughter? HUM maybe some AMAZING Pumpkin Pancakes? That is just what I did yesterday.Yesterday was my scheduled workout,but when my daughter ask me about a bike ride I was pumped!! I love riding my bike,but I love her way more. I decided to get up and go get my gym in early and meet her on the bike trail. Man were we in for a surprise.I guess you would have had to be there ,but it got pretty exciting. I'll see if I can take you on our journey. When we took off we were not sure what our limit would be because this was our first time together on the trail. I had ridden  alone and April with her family,but today we were on a mission!! To start the ride off I checked my bike and we were on go. April took off first and I noticed her tire was low so we stopped to air it up. Little did we know that her tire had issues BUT we sure found out about five miles down the trail. We were clocking along pretty good when I noticed April had fallen behind.I not thinking more than she was tired went up ahead and finally stopped at a rest area.I look up a few minutes later and here comes April...what the heck is wrong with my girl? Something has gone wrong with her tire so I go to check it out.OH NO the tube is coming out of the tire and what are we going to do? Oh well lets take a break and think about this.We are setting there talking and enjoying the nature when all of the sudden we hear the loudest POP . We both are freaked out because we are just sure someone is shooting either out in the woods or at us.We both jump up and I guess the first thing on my mind is getting the heck out of dodge. I jumped on my bike and was ready to roll when I looked back and April is by here bike. Oh no she can't ride on the tire!! All of the sudden I hear her say " Don't leave me momma"I knew better,but im not gonna say I hadn't thought about it. At this point I figured what the heck if they were trying to shoot us they would have already so I climb off the bike to take a look at hers. OH NO the tube had blown up and that is what the noise was. Thankful no one was trying to kill us,but wondering what the @#$% were two women going to do with a bike a mile away from our van? We couldn't ride it or roll it so my wonder woman daughter decides we will carry it!!!Yes you guessed right we took turns carrying her bike for the next mile. Now we knew we were getting a good workout and that we did. After making it back to her house and yes very worn,but still pumping with adrenalin we laughed until we cried about our trip.I was having to much fun to leave. I decided why not stay and go to Zumba with her and my grandaughter .After a short rest and some good cold water April decided to make me some AMAZING Pumpkin pancakes full of protein and wow I sure enjoyed. Im not sure if I enjoyed being in the kitchen with my daughter or the pancakes best??? Hum let me see ok ok the PANCAKES.
WONDERFUL Pumpkin protein pancakes
http://www.fit-fun-delish.com/2012/10/protein-pumpkin-pancakes.html
After a great meal we finished our day off with a great Zumba class. I so look forward to making more Memories and Pancakes with my beautiful daughter.
My wonder woman daughter carrying her bike
Getting ready to ride
Momma has to smile lol


1 comment: