About Me

Hi! Welcome to Restart. I'm Brenda and I live in The South. I'm just a lady that loves her family and sharing my life.That life has made a major change after 29 years of being wife and Nana. Now I live for me. I have dreams that I had let die and today I must live them. God has blessed me with a second chance at life and I desire to live it to the fullest.I am into eating healthy,exercise,running,hiking and bike riding. If it means staying in shape and feeling good I am all for it ....other things I enjoy or cooking, decorating,thrifting,travel and walking where history took place.

Followers

Friday, May 10, 2013

God doesn't make MISTAKES

Have you ever found your self sitting there thinking...this had to be a mistake or was I a mistake? Im here to tell you today the answer is NO. There is a reason for everything that happens in our life. It is all up to us to what we will do with it. I know it isn't always easy and so many times the enemy comes to lie to us and beat us down and many times we fall under that lie.Today I feel lead to share a couple of areas of my life that I pray will help you that have had this feeling.

                                                                         New Living Translation (©2007)
"I knew you before I formed you in your mother's womb. Before you were born I set you apart and appointed you as my prophet to the nations." 

First let me start with my birth.
 I was born.
 April the 13th to two of the most loving parent's I could have ever ask for,BUT people do things out of ignorance. I was born the last child and BABY...oh yea im proud of that. All of my life as I was growing up when my dad would introduce his family these would be his words " This is my wife Freddie and our children Raymond,Debi and Richard" then he would get to me and say he gave us three before we had our little MISTAKE.This went on all my life and yes it was a big joke to him,but not to my little spirit. The words and power of our words are so important. When I got older and we traveled as a group and sang in churches the same thing would happen."this is my wife Freddie,my son-in-law,Brian and our little MISTAKE" . After many years of this and I have to admit some healing God showed me he doesn't make MISTAKES!!! He makes blessings and knew each of us before he formed us. So one night when we were in Alabama at a church the same thing happened,BUT at this point I took the microphone and said " Im not a MISTAKE I am a blessing because my God doesn't make mistakes" After this day my dads eyes were opened to words that had been spoken all my life and my eyes were open to the the fact that God picked me and sent me to the parents he wanted me to be raised by.

Now lets move forward to my marriage and divorce
. I meet and married my Ex husband when I was 18 and was married for 29 years before it ended. We had three beautiful children that I am so proud of,BUT when my husband left I didn't feel this way. Night after night and day after day I felt like why? what could I have changed? why did I give my life to this man? Was it a MISTAKE to marry him? Today I can give you this answer NO it wasn't a MISTAKE. God knew what would happen in my life,but he also knew that each step in my life would make me who I am today. 

Putting the two together
   The enemy would like nothing better than to keep you down and feeling you have no future. He will go back in your life when something happens and use anything he can!!! I know after Brian left and I felt so beat down I would start to hear the words  "This is our little MISTAKE" and then he would try and torture me with words like "If you would have done this different" " You can't even keep a man" "You have been married all your life and you will never make it" it went on and on day after day until the day I took a stand the same way I did when I took that microphone at church. Devil " My God doesn't make Mistakes"
So I say to you today if you are reading this and found your self in areas in your life that caused you to feel this way...You and anything you have endured in life WASN'T a MISTAKE.

No comments:

Post a Comment