About Me

Hi! Welcome to Restart. I'm Brenda and I live in The South. I'm just a lady that loves her family and sharing my life.That life has made a major change after 29 years of being wife and Nana. Now I live for me. I have dreams that I had let die and today I must live them. God has blessed me with a second chance at life and I desire to live it to the fullest.I am into eating healthy,exercise,running,hiking and bike riding. If it means staying in shape and feeling good I am all for it ....other things I enjoy or cooking, decorating,thrifting,travel and walking where history took place.

Followers

Monday, May 6, 2013

Determination Or Excuses

Let me just say before I ever start this post it IS NOT about any one person. This post comes from a combination of things I have endured and watched others endure. 
I also should let you know this is a rant and if you decide to get angry im sorry.
I came in from the bike trail today and fixed something to eat and decided I need to soak in the tub..see my ankle was hurting some. After a warm bath I decided to write this blog. In the last few days it seems every where I look I see excuses of why people CAN'T do something. Growing up I remember my dad saying "Can't never could" and man was he correct. I was raised to be a fighter and determined ..some would call it hard headed. I love and try to be understanding, but I don't deal well when people always have a reason why something can't be accomplished. 

New Living Translation (©2007)The tongue can bring death or life; those who love to talk will reap the consequences.

I just love this scripture and it was taught to me most of my life. Oh I assure you I have been at points in my life that I didn't speak life. I can only preach what I have been through. People look at me today that don't know my past and haven't watched my journey and say what gives her room to talk. Well I promise I have been there and done that and have the T-shirt!!!
I spoke in the beginning about my ankle hurting..how many of you know that the lady you see in the photos riding her bike,working out and loving life at one time had to be in a wheel chair? Yes you read right. The year before my husband left me I had my right ankle crushed,my toe on another foot cut off, a wreck and after bleeding for eleven weeks a hysterectomy. If anyone ever had a reason to give up it was me. Not only did all these tragic things happen,but I lost my mom and then the pain of the man I loved and devoted my life to was gone. Oh there was times I felt like I wouldn't make it. I had to dig down deep and grab every ounce of determination I could find. I would wake up in the mornings and choose to change my life..choose to live. Day by day and month by month I started to see ME" the bull dog" the one that grabs hold and doesn't let go. I also used the scripture and decided to speak life and not death. Oh yea many times I caught myself saying thing like I can't,but then stopped and changed it.
I just want every person out there to see that YOU CAN..it maybe weight,drugs,alcohol,death,divorce,pain in your body,but no matter what it is we are all equal and Gods promises and strength are for you too. He is no respecter of persons.
Today I ask you to see your self as the winner you are ..be determined and speak life .
The only way not to win is to never start

No comments:

Post a Comment