About Me

Hi! Welcome to Restart. I'm Brenda and I live in The South. I'm just a lady that loves her family and sharing my life.That life has made a major change after 29 years of being wife and Nana. Now I live for me. I have dreams that I had let die and today I must live them. God has blessed me with a second chance at life and I desire to live it to the fullest.I am into eating healthy,exercise,running,hiking and bike riding. If it means staying in shape and feeling good I am all for it ....other things I enjoy or cooking, decorating,thrifting,travel and walking where history took place.

Followers

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Where are our values today?

It has been a good day today I got in a good workout,came home and made a big pot of soup and now im sitting here alone with my fur babies.
One of the key words is ALONE. I have really had a heavy heart lately to see the value that people put in marriage and relationships these days. It seems every where I turn homes are breaking up and people are giving up. What happen to for better or worse,in sickness and health until death parts us? We have become such a fast fix it, selfish nation that we have allowed it to enter into our homes and lives. I look around and I see so much pain and brokenness.Adults wondering how to go on and children having to suffer. 
I'm not sure if this burden is stronger for me because I have lived it or what. I know God has spoke to me and said that which the devil meant for bad I will use. I take that to mean that he has used this process to prepare me to help others facing pain. I ask myself "Who am I" just a vessel that is willing to share a testimony. Yea I know most testimonies have a happy ending and I am still claiming mine. With all the destruction going on in marriages and relationships it doesn't make it easy. I have been single going on four years and I have met some bruised and abused men. Each time I meet someone and hear the stories I question...where are values? When did women stop being what God says we should be? When did men stop loving like Christ loved his bride? The picture in this world that we have painted before us sure isn't the
picture God has for us. I hate to see so many with hopelessness in their faces. I for one am holding on to the hope because Genesis 2:18 "The LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him." Yes that is the truth...Man does need woman and we are to be his helper and in return we need them. I believe there is strength when a husband and wife team follow God. When we set Godly examples for the youth of today then we will start to see less destruction. It is a team effort and a team has two or more. Marriage and relationships can not be one sided.My desire is for my team to have three that is God as the center.Satan knows this and that is why he is out to destroy the home.
Now let me get back to how easy it has become to walk away. I have heard it all for sure..she didn't do this right..he never did this. All excuses because we are none perfect and we all have issues. Real love sees the faults and loves them anyway. We will none see perfection until Jesus comes back so isn't it time to stop running? Isn't it time we study more on what God says is our duty?
It is usually to late when we find out the "Grass isn't greener on the other side" it still has to be mowed,weeded and taken care of to make it beautiful!!!
1 Corinthians 13:4–8a 
Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. (ESV)


1 comment:

  1. Amen! There are so many great bibical resources out there that can help anyone through these hard situations or even to help keep them at bay. One great book would be "What a Husband Needs from His Wife" by Melanie Chitwood, or " The Five Love Langauges" by Gary Chapman.

    ReplyDelete