About Me

Hi! Welcome to Restart. I'm Brenda and I live in The South. I'm just a lady that loves her family and sharing my life.That life has made a major change after 29 years of being wife and Nana. Now I live for me. I have dreams that I had let die and today I must live them. God has blessed me with a second chance at life and I desire to live it to the fullest.I am into eating healthy,exercise,running,hiking and bike riding. If it means staying in shape and feeling good I am all for it ....other things I enjoy or cooking, decorating,thrifting,travel and walking where history took place.

Followers

Thursday, October 3, 2013

The past is gone..move forward

“Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do,forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 3:13-14

The past is just that..gone,over with,something that happened before.
Letting go of the past and moving forward is one of the hardest things to do. The enemy loves to remind us of our past so we can not let go and move on. We find ourselves giving to much time to how and what has and hasn't happened in our lives keeping us paralyzed and stagnant. It seems like such a simple thing,but yet so hard. 
I know when my children were growing up and found difficult times in there life I always told them " You can't move forward looking back..you will stumble every time" I know you remember as a child how much fun it was to try and walk backwards. It was fun until we fell and scraped our knees and then our mind was on the hurt. This is just how life is today. We find ourselves walking down the road of life and looking back. The pain of the fall and mistakes we made start to hurt and we are consumed in the pain.

In my speaking to others God showed me another vision that I like to use. The grave and death. We are to bury the past and not dig it back up over and over. When something dies it starts to smell rotten and deteriorate.Maybe at some point it was beautiful and had life,but no more. It is buried and covered up for a reason. We can have a beautiful picture in our mind about how it was,but when go back to the grave and look that picture soon changes.
I stand here today and say we all have a past.It is a daily choice to bury it and not allow the mind to dwell there. God has given us the power to cast these thoughts down. The same power that we have to cast the thoughts down is the same power we have to move on.
We have to stop listening to the lies and grasp the promises.
Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken
Psalm 55;22

No comments:

Post a Comment