About Me

Hi! Welcome to Restart. I'm Brenda and I live in The South. I'm just a lady that loves her family and sharing my life.That life has made a major change after 29 years of being wife and Nana. Now I live for me. I have dreams that I had let die and today I must live them. God has blessed me with a second chance at life and I desire to live it to the fullest.I am into eating healthy,exercise,running,hiking and bike riding. If it means staying in shape and feeling good I am all for it ....other things I enjoy or cooking, decorating,thrifting,travel and walking where history took place.

Followers

Monday, October 14, 2013

I was called to LOVE

I was talking to a very good friend of mine a few weeks back and our conversation turned to being a wife and mother.I told her how much I missed it and how sometimes I felt something was missing. I know it may sound crazy to some,but I knew from a very young girl where my heart was. God defiantly blessed me with the heart to love.I will never forget when I was just a small girl I didn't just play with dolls I had the whole setup. I had turned my dads chicken coop into a house. I had clothes,shoes and purses hanging on one side so I could dress like a mommy. I would go in the garage and get moms canning jars and pretend I was canning and cooking. There was nothing I loved more and I always had friends coming over that loved my playhouse.
There is nothing that can make me more happy than to be able to love and take care of someone. When I make others happy I am so blessed. and fulfilled.
The sad thing is today a woman that stays home and raises her family and makes the house a home is not seen as important anymore. Our phone conversation also led us talk about what God calls use to do as a wife and mother. I remember when I got married at a very young age and started having my family there was never a doubt how things would be. I had a husband that never wanted me to work and knew that it was a job in it's own.I have always took pride in my home and making sure everyone that walked in my door felt love. I remember one of my prayers used to be that people would feel the love of Christ when they visited. I also pray over my food that people will feel the love from my heart when I cook.
I still miss having my children come in from school and work because I always had them something special made. I was the mom that believed home made is best..the house that the teenagers would pile up in to eat and watch TV.My son had me cook for the couples on Prom night and serve them and then come back about two in the morning for biscuits and chocolate gravy. Those are memories that can never be taken from me and will always be special .
 As good as those days were after my divorce I always felt an empty spot. A unfulfilled feeling I could not shake.I woke up one day and I was all alone. I know longer had to prepare and take care of a husband and the door wasn't swinging open with the children coming home.For awhile I thought there was something wrong with me because I still had that desire.after doing some Bible studies and sharing with others I now know that this is my gift. Not all women have this ability and love to give. I think God has used this time to heal my heart and give me that deep desire again. I will say that having sometime to be me and find peace and comfort in my life has been good,but I can say that isn't what I desire long term.So many people have tried to talk to me and say just travel and have fun. I say I will do that,but it will not always be alone. I am trusting God to give me the other half..my best friend..my lover and companion.  He must be a special man and one that believes in marriage the way God ordained it because I am a lady that has come to realize "I was called to love" my gift from God

No comments:

Post a Comment