About Me

Hi! Welcome to Restart. I'm Brenda and I live in The South. I'm just a lady that loves her family and sharing my life.That life has made a major change after 29 years of being wife and Nana. Now I live for me. I have dreams that I had let die and today I must live them. God has blessed me with a second chance at life and I desire to live it to the fullest.I am into eating healthy,exercise,running,hiking and bike riding. If it means staying in shape and feeling good I am all for it ....other things I enjoy or cooking, decorating,thrifting,travel and walking where history took place.

Followers

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Pleasing others...Acing your age....Living life

I was sitting outside this morning having coffee doing some thinking and wondering what I would Blog about. As I sat there I started to think about how since the age of 18 I had been married and soon after having babies. At that point in my life my world became all about being a wife and mommy.I never really realized until my divorce how I had lived to make everyone around me happy and put me on the back burner. I guess it comes from being a pleaser at heart. I thought pleasing others and making them happy would make me happy.
When I walked in from having my coffee I signed on FB and a friend had posted the photo above and it had me thinking for sure. I'll never forget when my husband walked out how lost I felt. I wasn't a wife anymore and all the kids had left home. I looked in the mirror one morning and didn't even know the woman I had become. I realized I had put my likes aside for everyone around me and I knew at that point I had to start to live again. Yea yea I know others look at me and say "She acts like a kid" maybe I do and what is wrong with that? There are so many things I desired and loved to do in life that I never did and why not now? I used to hear others say "Age is a number" "Your as old as you feel" I truly understand those words now.
I have always had a young heart and loved adventure...living life on the edge is what feeds me. So when I found this picture it reminded me that I gave my life for others and it is my turn to be happy!!! If my being happy and not always acting my age bothers you then don't watch me because that is just what I'm going to do.NO im not doing things crazy that would hurt my children because they will always be first,but I am me and love it!!!
So today if you have pushed that person God made you to be deep down please let him or her out...LIVE

No comments:

Post a Comment