About Me

Hi! Welcome to Restart. I'm Brenda and I live in The South. I'm just a lady that loves her family and sharing my life.That life has made a major change after 29 years of being wife and Nana. Now I live for me. I have dreams that I had let die and today I must live them. God has blessed me with a second chance at life and I desire to live it to the fullest.I am into eating healthy,exercise,running,hiking and bike riding. If it means staying in shape and feeling good I am all for it ....other things I enjoy or cooking, decorating,thrifting,travel and walking where history took place.

Followers

Monday, July 1, 2013

Do life's bruises follow you??

Today Im writing about something that has been on my mind and that I have talked to others about." Do the life's bruises follow you in life?" Bruises and trauma in life can come in many different ways. It maybe a divorce,abuse,finding out you were adopted and many other areas. Just lately when trying to start my life over have a realized just how bruised I am from my marriage and divorce. I started to see this when it caused issues in my life today. It may seem simple and crazy to many,but it happens.Have you ever had such a desire to be loved? Oh I know we all have because this is how God made.I am talking about the simple acts to show love.Coffee in bed, holding your hand when you step up stairs,opening your door,Ironed your clothes? These are very simple things that only take a minute,but speak so loud. Who would ever think these things would be hard to except right? I have realized that bruising from your past can cause this to feel abnormal when it is really the normal..the way things should be. Showing love and care in the small ways can go very far and make a big impression.
Something else I have noticed that can cause problems is harsh words. When you have never been built up and spoken positive about it really causes damage.Hearing people cut you down and lie about you becomes so strong that you start to believe it.Proverbs tells us life and death are in the tongue."Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof" 
Yes when we speak to and about other we can bring them life or death. Do we even realize sometimes what we are doing? I really don't think when it is taking place we do,but sometimes people are just that mean. I think the question is how to over come this? How do we remove the pain and allow the good feeling to replace? I am still trying to do this,but I think God is the only way. Asking to to mend and fix the pain we have been through. Jesus is there to heal the broken and bruised.

1 comment:

  1. Love your restart, Brenda. Not one of us can point any fingers. Charles Swindall talked about a movie called "Black Hawk Down."
    It is about war. There was a lot of bloodshed. The General told the officer to get into the Jeep and drive. The officer said, "But, sir, I've been shot!" The General said, "GET IN AND DRIVE! We have ALL been shot!"

    That is the way we all are. We have all sinned and come short of the glory of God. We are like all standing at the foot of the cross and every once in a while one of us jumps a little higher than the rest but when we come down, we are still at the foot of the cross.

    We all need Christ. Not for just salvation, but to even live life pleasing to Him. We cannot do it ourselves.

    God bless you on your restart.

    ReplyDelete