About Me

Hi! Welcome to Restart. I'm Brenda and I live in The South. I'm just a lady that loves her family and sharing my life.That life has made a major change after 29 years of being wife and Nana. Now I live for me. I have dreams that I had let die and today I must live them. God has blessed me with a second chance at life and I desire to live it to the fullest.I am into eating healthy,exercise,running,hiking and bike riding. If it means staying in shape and feeling good I am all for it ....other things I enjoy or cooking, decorating,thrifting,travel and walking where history took place.

Followers

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Keeping your temple healthy...

Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food

This post comes because of a few different things. 1) So many sick people I have been dealing with this week 2) People asking me about my way of eating and weight loss.

Don't you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself,

First let me say I am no doctor or nutritionist however I know experience is the best teacher at times. I am proud of the things I have learned as I walked my journey in life. I have always had a great interest in the natural way of life. I have always believed God made the things we would need to keep our temple healthy. I mean just think about it...he made us to do his work and im sure he desires us to be healthy and not walk around sick and worn.

My choice is to cook and eat healthy with the foods God made for us...

 Lets start with what I listed as number one reason for this post. The week started out with me doing lots of running around for what I call my little babies (elderly i've adopted that need me) After days of getting calls and seeing all the sickness it really hit me how important nutrition is to our health. In a visit to one of my babies she had company when I walked in. As I sat there and observed I saw a lady that was sad and hurting. As she started to open up to me not only did she suffer from a sickness (Diverticulitis) that could be helped by nutrition,but also Alzheimers. It broke my heart to see this once beautiful lady sitting there with her hair uncombed,lonely and hurting.She felt all alone and broken with no direction.
I have another baby that I go by and take groceries and do things she can't do for herself. She suffers from a illness that keeps her on breathing treatments and oxygen. The weather has had her very sick and taking so much medication. Due to her  age and income she can't go out and get the things she really needs to eat,herbs and vitamins. This is just a few of the stories I have ran into this week that opened my eyes to how important it is to "Keep our temple healthy" we only get one. It also opened my eyes to the things God created for our good. Oh how I wish I could go out and buy the things that could help these sweet elderly that have gave their life for us and now sit in need.
This has become the normal picture in America...

The number two reason for this post is my talking to others this week that ask about my choices and changes I have made in my life. I have many come to me for help and questions about weight loss. It is my hearts desire to share with anyone that you can do this. I love to be a support for others fighting to "Keep their temple healthy" because I know it will make them much happier. I know because when I made this choice it changed my life.
I had to make a trip to Wal-mart yesterday and had to stand in line. As I stood there I have never seen so many over weight and unhealthy people.People that are in wheel chairs because they are to over weight to walk. PLEASE don't think im down on people or judging people because that is not who I am. I am speaking the truth that I have lived.Whether it start from a illness,loneliness,being on a fixed income and think eating healthy cost I just desire to share and support others. To do my best to help others feel good about themselves.To reach out and love those who feel they are alone.
I made a choice to do my best to "Keep my temple healthy" I am not perfect or do I have all the answers. But I do know the desire is there. I will continue to research and learn. I will seek God for his help and strength and reach out to others to "Keep our temples healthy" If I can be of help to anyone out there reading this please contact me. I will never look down on you,but do my best to lift you up!!!
                                         One choice at a time will bring change...
                                          Food can be fun,good and healthy at the same time...

No comments:

Post a Comment