About Me

Hi! Welcome to Restart. I'm Brenda and I live in The South. I'm just a lady that loves her family and sharing my life.That life has made a major change after 29 years of being wife and Nana. Now I live for me. I have dreams that I had let die and today I must live them. God has blessed me with a second chance at life and I desire to live it to the fullest.I am into eating healthy,exercise,running,hiking and bike riding. If it means staying in shape and feeling good I am all for it ....other things I enjoy or cooking, decorating,thrifting,travel and walking where history took place.

Followers

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Learning to LOVE yourself.....

Take time to treat yourself to a healthy meal...

Yes this is my breakfast. I love eating on beautiful dishes.I do this on a daily basis and not just special occasions.

You don't have to be rich to find cute little glasses to make your desserts...Go thrifting


 LEARNING TO LOVE YOURSELF.....

this is sure something I don't have a problem with!! Was it always this way you may ask...... not at all. Even though I have always been proud of who I was as a person I didn't know how to love ME. I spent my whole life loving and caring for others. All that ever mattered to me was making others happy. The problem with this was many times I never got the same in return. What happens after years of this is one day you wake up and feel unloved and insecure as a person. This is just what happened in my life and marriage.It wasn't until my husband walked out the door that I took a look in the mirror and ask the question "Who are you"
At this point in my life I looked deep into my heart  and realized I am a special lady with a big heart. Oh I didn't feel it because of the damage and ugly words that came from the divorce,but I knew. I remembered who and what type person I had been during my life.
It was at this point that I decided to LOVE me! To put myself first in line sometimes and treat myself to the life I deserved.

(So many people today ask the question do you really treat yourself this way or is it for photos? My answer is yes I do..if you don't who will)

It wasn't something that happened over night,but each step I took felt better and better.As things started to feel better I started to feel better as a person. I stopped listening to the negative words spoke over me and listened to who God said I am. Another thing I discovered at this point is that you must love yourself for others to love you.
It may not be that you have went through a divorce that has caused you to see yourself this way or not be able to love you. There are many things in life that cause us to feel this way. It maybe that you feel abandoned by a parent that you didn't have,maybe your were molested or raped,maybe you were raised by a parent that cussed you and called you names. I am here to tell you that none of this matters because you were fearfully and wonderfully made.

Psalm 139:14

New International Version (NIV)
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,I know that full well.


This is not my words,but Gods and he is the one that chose you
When you start to see yourself as he sees you this will become easier.
Learn to love YOU!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment