About Me

Hi! Welcome to Restart. I'm Brenda and I live in The South. I'm just a lady that loves her family and sharing my life.That life has made a major change after 29 years of being wife and Nana. Now I live for me. I have dreams that I had let die and today I must live them. God has blessed me with a second chance at life and I desire to live it to the fullest.I am into eating healthy,exercise,running,hiking and bike riding. If it means staying in shape and feeling good I am all for it ....other things I enjoy or cooking, decorating,thrifting,travel and walking where history took place.

Followers

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Beauty for Ashes

                        Beauty for ashes......
                                        Isaiah 61:3
To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion,to give unto them beauty for ashes,the oil of joy for mourning,the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;that they might be called trees of the righteousness,the planting of the Lord,that he might be glorified.

As I write this blog I have a very heavy heart. I just returned today from burying someone  I loved very much. As I laid in the bed the last two nights and cried my self to sleep God started to share somethings with me.
I will not go back over my story at this moment,but I will say  about 3 1/2 years ago the man I was married to for 29 years walked out on me. The man I thought I would be with the rest of my life. From that moment I realized what true morning was. The years have not been easy. I have had others in and out of my life,but never found the happiness I needed. The good thing is in those years I have turned to God more than ever because I had no one else.
We do not ever understand the whys and hows,but I assure you God does. Last night as I laid there I started to think of my niece and how she mourned for the husband she lost to death. I started to see others that had been sexually abused,abandoned by someone they loved,lost parents,lost a child or never knew their parents. So many times we find ourselves lonely, hopeless and mourning. Looking for something just anything to take away the pain. During these times many turn to drugs,alcohol,promiscuous sex anything to help. This is just what the devil our enemy desires for our life. If he get our eyes on the pain and keep bringing up the memories he continues to still our joy and cause pain.
Gods plan is not that at all. He wants to be the husband to the widow,a father to the child who is alone. He wants to hold us in his arms and love us. He wants to give us beauty for the ashes that have happened in our life.
I have known for sometime God called and gifted me,but along the way I got off track. I have served him much of my life,but the times have caused change. God has purpose and wants to use our hurts as a testimony for him.
Last night God revealed to me that the things that had happened in the past 3 1/2 years he wanted to use for me to help other women. Women who feel they can't go on. Women who have been so hurt and abused they feel lost, like failures,rejected. 
I thank God that daily he takes my the ashes of my life and gives me beauty. Nothing in my own power could change me only my lord.
Beauty for ashes..only with God

No comments:

Post a Comment