About Me

Hi! Welcome to Restart. I'm Brenda and I live in The South. I'm just a lady that loves her family and sharing my life.That life has made a major change after 29 years of being wife and Nana. Now I live for me. I have dreams that I had let die and today I must live them. God has blessed me with a second chance at life and I desire to live it to the fullest.I am into eating healthy,exercise,running,hiking and bike riding. If it means staying in shape and feeling good I am all for it ....other things I enjoy or cooking, decorating,thrifting,travel and walking where history took place.

Followers

Monday, November 4, 2013

Those who are healthy don't need a doctor

                 
In Mathew 9:12 we see where Jesus over hears the Pharisees (religious) and tells them one of the purposes in which he came.

This may get a little sticky for some,but I only speak this to open eyes. I love church and being with believers, BUT that should not be our goal. Jesus tells us to go out to the highways and byways. So many times in the world we live in we see groups that have built up beautiful places to worship.Even going as far to have coffee shops,gyms,basketball courts.We rally around one another,hangout together and life is good. We make sure we are in church every time the doors open.It is very comfortable when we get to this place,BUT are we following what Jesus did? In Mathew 9:11 they ask the disciples why does your teacher eat with the sinners" 
Let me break this down to how this would be today. Believers sitting together and one ask have you seen Brenda lately.Another speaks up and says " oh gosh you wouldn't believe,but I saw her out with that lady that just came to town. You know the one that just moved here and has all those kids. The one that half the kids have different dads. I think she even works at that club down the road. Oh no Brenda has started hanging out with sinners.
Jesus came for the sinners. he speaks to the religious after he over heard them ask why he was sitting with them"Those who are healthy don't need a doctor, sick people do.
Hosea 6:6 I have not come to get those who think they are right with God to follow me. I have come to get sinners to follow me.
We can never get good enough to come to God. He doesn't ask us to get it all fixed up our way and come to him. He says come as your,sick and sinning I am the healer.
Jesus used people in the Bible that today we would shun and not hangout with and he does this today. Jesus looks at the heart and not your faults. Jesus can use the person with a heart of love that will get out and get dirty and not care what others say only what he desires.
It is time to search who Jesus was,how he did things and what he commands us to do.
           "Those who are healthy don't need a doctor" 

No comments:

Post a Comment