About Me

Hi! Welcome to Restart. I'm Brenda and I live in The South. I'm just a lady that loves her family and sharing my life.That life has made a major change after 29 years of being wife and Nana. Now I live for me. I have dreams that I had let die and today I must live them. God has blessed me with a second chance at life and I desire to live it to the fullest.I am into eating healthy,exercise,running,hiking and bike riding. If it means staying in shape and feeling good I am all for it ....other things I enjoy or cooking, decorating,thrifting,travel and walking where history took place.

Followers

Thursday, December 25, 2014

What is CHRISTmas to you?

I have to tell you this has been one of the hardest Christmas I have had in years. I always try to keep it real because life does hurt. I know what Christmas is all about and so thankful for the love of Jesus and my family however pain is real. I know with out the love and peace of Jesus I wouldn't be able to keep going sometimes.
Usually when pain comes this bad I know there is a lesson God is usually showing me. Something he needs to strengthen me in so I can help others.
I have watched many on Facebook,Instragram and out shopping in the past few days. I know that I am not the only one that has pain during this time and many have it way worse.
This evening I took a walk and reflected on somethings and times in my life. I thought about all the things I have seen and endured this Christmas.After getting home I knew I needed to read some scripture which brought me to the writing of this blog.
What is Christmas to you? Do you have traditions,.... maybe one of those that have to have the house decorated just right,One that can't have Christmas without certain foods,one that spends way more than you should then wonders how you will pay for it. I know we all have things about Christmas we have done for years. There is one word in Christmas that matters and that is CHRIST. What did you do for Christ this year? Better than that what do you do for Christ everyday? Just because we celebrate Jesus birthday on a special day doesn't mean we should do good only then.
The scripture I was taken to as I read Mathew 25:31 Some of you may know this as the Parable "The Sheep and Goats" These scriptures talk about when Jesus comes and will separate the people like a Shepard doe his sheep.As I continued to read it talked about the difference in the sheep and goat. That is when the picture was painted before me about what CHRISTmas means.What we should do daily.In these scriptures he clearly shares what we have to be like to be his.I dare say many of us didn't take time to think of others. Many of us past right by people just like this in our rush to get things just perfect for the holidays.Many of us never stopped to think about the pain and suffering the person sitting next to us maybe feeling. My great desire is to be a sheep and take the time to make each day CHRISTmas.
Mathew 25:34-40 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

No comments:

Post a Comment