About Me

Hi! Welcome to Restart. I'm Brenda and I live in The South. I'm just a lady that loves her family and sharing my life.That life has made a major change after 29 years of being wife and Nana. Now I live for me. I have dreams that I had let die and today I must live them. God has blessed me with a second chance at life and I desire to live it to the fullest.I am into eating healthy,exercise,running,hiking and bike riding. If it means staying in shape and feeling good I am all for it ....other things I enjoy or cooking, decorating,thrifting,travel and walking where history took place.

Followers

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Realizing when darkness comes...

Do you remember when we were small children and we would be outside playing so hard....the moment you looked up and said "Oh my it is getting dark" and we take off running for home as fast as we can. It wasn't that you really meant to do anything you just got caught up in the moment.
That is just how life can be. We wonder out in the world running here and there and something happens that causes us to stop,look around and realize it is getting dark. The question now is where do you run? Do we run back home where we know we are safe and loved or do we wonder out further into the darkness? Just like when we were children it sometimes isn't something we mean to do. We get caught up in our fast paced life.Something that looks fun and exciting and we venture out.
We can't do both. When this happens we have a choice and that choice is going back to light,wondering out further or just standing there in the same spot and going no where.
This is just how it works with God. God is the light and he is our safety. He will allow you to go out and play,venture into things however at some point we must stop and look around. Stop and ask ourselves do we desire to run back to him,go further out away from the light or just stand there going no where.

                      1 John 1:5New International Version (NIV)

Light and Darkness, Sin and Forgiveness

This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Brenda..don't know if you will read this or not...just wanted to say hi and hope that things are. at last, going good for you.
    hugs, bj

    ReplyDelete