About Me

Hi! Welcome to Restart. I'm Brenda and I live in The South. I'm just a lady that loves her family and sharing my life.That life has made a major change after 29 years of being wife and Nana. Now I live for me. I have dreams that I had let die and today I must live them. God has blessed me with a second chance at life and I desire to live it to the fullest.I am into eating healthy,exercise,running,hiking and bike riding. If it means staying in shape and feeling good I am all for it ....other things I enjoy or cooking, decorating,thrifting,travel and walking where history took place.

Followers

Monday, July 21, 2014

Building something that last...

Building something that last takes time and effort. Have you ever been building or putting something together in a hurry only to finish and realize it was shaky and didn't hold up?
This same thing happens in life. I have been listening to some sermons by Kerry Shock that have opened my eyes to a deeper understanding.
After my 29 year marriage then divorce four years ago I felt devastated.I looked back and wondered how can something that made it so long fall apart? It happens the same way that building something on a shaky foundation falls apart. I spent many hours in prayer and tears pouring out my heart with God. As I look back now I see many things that were wrong. First of all it doesn't matter how many beautiful children you have,if you have a mansion to live in or the best job out there if the foundation isn't built strong it will fall apart. The first year after my marriage I started my family and for all the years to come I poured my heart and soul into them .I wanted to be the best mommy and raise healthy and happy children .He was climbing the ladder to success and pouring himself into the job.I was building three strong and beautiful children an he was building a career all while the foundation was crumbling apart.We were going through the days busy and sidetracked on what is most important. What do you really have when all of these things fall apart because you didn't take the time for one another? The time to discuss,share and fix things as they come along. When it all falls apart you have hurt and devastation that then that reaches out to the children an grandchildren.Generations of pain. I know today I still see the pain it has caused to my children. The one thing I worked so hard to build and turned my attention to still have to suffer.
In the past years after divorce I spent much time building me.I read and listen to all that I can on what God desires me to be as a woman.What my roll is on being a strong foundation for the next chapter in my life. It doesn't matter if your mate is strong and has things right and you are weak and crumbling one can not hold up for the other.It takes two strong bricks with the right mortar to start a wall and this must be placed on a strong foundation not built by man.
I never desire to go through or feel the pain of divorce again. I never desire to bring two families together with children that have already been devastated only to hurt them more.My one and only desire is to be happy and have a Godly love built on a strong foundation so I can share that with the world. A world that has lost the art and desire to stand strong. I know the sweet little old couples we see that made it all the years together are not still standing because they gave up. They are still together because each storm that came they fought together and it made them stronger.
My prayer today is that we take back the foundations in our lives and do what it takes to make them strong.That we stop allowing the world to conform us and allow God to build us.That we can build strong people then strong couples so this world can have insight on the way things should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment