About Me

Hi! Welcome to Restart. I'm Brenda and I live in The South. I'm just a lady that loves her family and sharing my life.That life has made a major change after 29 years of being wife and Nana. Now I live for me. I have dreams that I had let die and today I must live them. God has blessed me with a second chance at life and I desire to live it to the fullest.I am into eating healthy,exercise,running,hiking and bike riding. If it means staying in shape and feeling good I am all for it ....other things I enjoy or cooking, decorating,thrifting,travel and walking where history took place.

Followers

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Take a walk in my shoes

My find of the day...."Report Signature" shoes
These are all leather and new. They sale from $150-$200. I picked these beauties up for $3.99
can't wait to find the "Little Black Dress" to go with them

"Take a walk in my shoes" is a post I have felt led to write for sometime. After a few conversations this last week I decided it was time. Today my sister and I spent time together and of course we had to add some shopping in there also. Okay Im a fashionista and I will be there first to admit it.
I know many of you have followed me on the journey of my life the last four years. I have had so many people ask me how I did it. First I have to give credit to God. I do believe that being frugal is a gift.This isn't something that just started four years ago,but something I did as a wife and mommy also. I always desired for my children to have what the other children had however I couldn't stand to pay the price. I think it was during this time in my life that I found out what the word clearance meant. It may mean buying out of season,but they never lacked anything. As they started to grow and things got more expensive I fell in love with resale and consignment shops. I'll never forget the fun we had when we would buy "Teen" and "GQ" and then head out to find things to look like the magazine,but on a budget. There were times even back then people would ask how I did it?
Now if we can fast forward some to the year 2010. It was about this time in my life when I found myself making it alone. The money that I used to have was no more,but I was still the same lady. All of my life I loved shoes,clothes,jewelry,makeup and anything that had bling.I have to give the credit to my mom here.She taught me well.At this time  I wasn't sure how I would keep my life style up,but I have always been determined. Being single and getting skinny only made the desire for fashion grow, I remember many nights I would spend pinning the up and coming fashions to my style board. I would get ideas of outfits I desired to have and hit the road. I would get up early and put on some comfy workout clothes and hit the resale shops. The feeling of coming home with a $100 pair of jeans that I paid $6 is like a rush to me.Needing something for a special occasion and walking out like I just came from Dillard's makes me happy.  I can't remember paying full price for anything. It was also during this time in my life that I feel I really learned that being able to be frugal is a gift. The Bible even speaks of a virtues woman spending wisely. I could be a millionaire and I would still shop the same way.
During this walk in my life I have had many people judge me,many people that couldn't understand my way of life. Im not mad at all about this because im sure all the flashy pictures would lead others to think this. When my sister and I were shopping today and I walked up with a buggy FULL of shoes she wasn't surprised. Yep we are night and day,but we love and understand one another. Id rather have a pair of shoes and miss a meal ..... as we were standing there and I started to tell her this pair of shoes would be over $100 and they are $4.99. It was then that she said sis not everyone has that talent and maybe you can use it to help others. That is something I have thought about often..I love to see people that can't have what others do feel special.
Im not sure just how this will and can take place,but I would love nothing more than to help others..."Take a walk in my shoes"
Love this pair of "not rated"
shoes that I found today.Never worn and sale for around $60. I paid $5.99


My second favorite find today was this
Jessica Simpson "Bendie" As you see even on sale they are right at $90
This shoe was new and unworn...I paid $4.99

1 comment:

  1. I so know that rush you get when finding these kind of buys !! Thank you for including me Sis !! I too am a thrift shopper and I must say your "Take A Walk In My Shoes" idea is GREAT !!! Because, so many people allow the worlds idea of what "being rich" means bring them down. They think it's all about money and where you spend it and what you spend it on that counts. But, with this type of help, they can find out that they can have the same thing for a fraction of the cost !!!! Good luck sis and too all who take this opportunity to learn how to enjoy life, and look good doing it for a lot less money !!!

    ReplyDelete