About Me

Hi! Welcome to Restart. I'm Brenda and I live in The South. I'm just a lady that loves her family and sharing my life.That life has made a major change after 29 years of being wife and Nana. Now I live for me. I have dreams that I had let die and today I must live them. God has blessed me with a second chance at life and I desire to live it to the fullest.I am into eating healthy,exercise,running,hiking and bike riding. If it means staying in shape and feeling good I am all for it ....other things I enjoy or cooking, decorating,thrifting,travel and walking where history took place.

Followers

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

God goes hiking...

                                                           God Goes Hiking

                                                          1 Corinthians 12:4-

There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work.
Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, 10 to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues,[a] and to still another the interpretation of tongues.[b] 11 All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one, just as he determines......
. A few weeks back I  Googled some local trails. I found a 7.6 mile hike over on Caney Lake in Minden. I contacted my sister and she was game so we started to plan. I Love the way my sister always backs me and believes in me.Having someone like this in my life just makes it more exciting and makes me more determined.
Saturday morning arrived and I was so ready to get on this hike. When Debi dropped me off at the start of the trail all I was thinking about is staying safe from snakes. I had heard nothing,but horror stories since I got to camp. I wasn't thinking all spiritual,but had prayed for safety.Little did I know God had set this hike up and it wasn't just for me.
The first few miles of the hike I was finding my pace and freaking every time the weeds rustled. I had been on the trail maybe four miles when I heard voices ahead. As I approached the bridge and stream I realized my company was two ladies allowing their beautiful Lab to play in the stream. It was about time for a rest and I never meet a stranger so we started to talk. The conversation was mainly about hiking and where we lived.
After about thirty minutes the youngest lady recommended we hang together. I thought that would be a great idea and I had some new friends that hiked. We had only hiked a few minutes when the Lord started to show me things about their lives."I am one that tries very hard to obey him when I get a word" It is at this time I turned to the older lady and said  "So you work in the medical field?" They younger lady that I had found to be her daughter stopped in her tracks and ask "What how did you know that"Not really knowing why God had showed me this all I knew was to say I just did. She kept saying that's crazy. and I can't see how you knew this. A few minutes went by and she said "so what do I do"? The Lord was showing me a Airplane so I said ..do you work in travel? She was so happy to turn around and say NOPE im a receptionist. It was at that moment I knew why I was seeing the plane and I replied ,but you always wanted to be a Stewardess.( I love when God shows up and does his work) The young girl turns and stops and says wait I don't understand how you do this. I just applied for an American Airline job two days ago.
As the Lord started to show me why I had met them and what he wanted me to share I started to explain to them. First I said let me assure you I am not in anyway a phychic.I am a Christian and God gives his children gifts. These gifts are to be used for his purpose.He would send a complete stranger and setup an appointment to show you both that he knows you,he knows where you work,he knows your dreams and desires. The Lord had also showed me that this young lady had always put her dreams on hold for everyone else and put herself last. I shared more with them as we hiked down the trail.
As we were getting closer to the end of the trail her mom was very hot and getting weak. I had called ahead to have Debi ready to pick us up. By the time we got to the end of the hike I had met new friends and God had showed up to do his work.We shared some water and a ride to their car and said our goodbyes.
I am very thankful for a safe hike and that God loves me and trust me enough to do his work.

No comments:

Post a Comment