About Me

Hi! Welcome to Restart. I'm Brenda and I live in The South. I'm just a lady that loves her family and sharing my life.That life has made a major change after 29 years of being wife and Nana. Now I live for me. I have dreams that I had let die and today I must live them. God has blessed me with a second chance at life and I desire to live it to the fullest.I am into eating healthy,exercise,running,hiking and bike riding. If it means staying in shape and feeling good I am all for it ....other things I enjoy or cooking, decorating,thrifting,travel and walking where history took place.

Followers

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Give and it will come back...

As I sit here tonight I think of the blessings and how God has showed up the last few days. It may seem small to some however to me it is a miracle and blessing.
Being single and not having a saw and lawn equipment can be hard sometimes. Yesterday I came in from Shreveport and a huge limb that had fallen out of a tree had been cut and moved. Today I return from an appointment to my yard mowed. Do I know who did this? Not a clue,but I know one thing they will blessed with the measure they gave.
 Luke 6:38 tells us this...Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."
Have you ever gotten tired of doing good and being kind? Im not going to lie to you sometimes it gets hard. It seems time and time again when you try and do what is right you get used and hurt. The one thing I can say is I give it my all to swallow,breath deep and remember what God tells me to do. Oh I have had many thoughts as I struggled... if i'm doing for others and giving for others why does it seem when I need help no one is there? That is just the thinking the enemy would like to keep us in. If he can keep us in the why me state of mind he knows we are not claiming the promises given to us by God.
One thing God can not do is lie however what he promises us we have to claim and stand on.
The last few weeks with the help of some amazing spiritual sisters we have started to stand with one another for what God has for us and what we allow the devil to steal. I have given so no questions ask it will come back..not only come back, pressed down shaken together and RUNNING over. Now that is what I call getting back. This doesn't just mean money this means your time and talents. Anything to do for others is yours to come back as a blessing.
In the last few days I have received that blessing back by someone showing up when im gone and working in my yard. Today I just would like to thank God for his promise and remind you that even when you don't see it..keep doing what is right and claim it back in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment